Fried Tofu with Soba Noodle Salad
Ingredients: Tofu, soba noodles, carrot, zucchini, cornstarch, peanut butter, soy sauce, ponzu sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, green onion, red pepper flake, salt, pepper.
This meal kit contains
- seasoned cornstarch
- carrot & zucchini
- soba noodles
- peanut-sesame sauce
- ponzu sauce
- green onions
You will also need
- any kind of cooking oil (for example, olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oil)
- salt and pepper
- Coat the bottom of a pan with a generous amount of cooking oil and heat over medium-high heat. Place the tofu cubes into the bag of seasoned cornstarch. Close bag, making sure there is still some air in the bag, then shake to coat the tofu.
- Add the coated tofu to the hot oil and cook, flipping the cubes occasionally to ensure that all sides get crispy, for 8-9 minutes. The tofu should be crispy and golden brown all over. Remove the tofu from the pan onto a plate with a paper towel on it and turn off the heat.
If the tofu doesn't all fit in the pan, cook it in batches - do not layer the tofu on top of each other.
- While the tofu is cooking, bring a medium pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiling, add the soba noodles to the pot and boil for 4 minutes, until noodles are tender but not mushy.
- Once the noodles are done cooking, drain them and rinse under cold water. Add the carrots and zucchini and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the peanut-sesame sauce over the noodles, and toss to mix.
- Portion the noodles and tofu into bowls, and top with the ponzu sauce and sliced green onions. Enjoy!