Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches
Ingredients: Chicken, pineapple, spinach, cabbage, bell pepper, soy sauce, water, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, miso paste, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, almonds, garlic powder, ground ginger.
This meal kit contains
- marinated chicken
- shredded cabbage
- bell pepper
- miso sesame dressing
- hamburger buns
- pineapple slices
You will also need
- any kind of cooking oil (for example, olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oil)
- salt and pepper
- Heat a splash (a spoonful or two) of cooking oil in a pan over medium heat. Drain the marinade from the chicken as best as you can, then add it to the hot pan. Cook chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until charred and cooked all the way through.
You can simply slice through the thickest part of the chicken to check whether it’s cooked; it should not be pink. If the outside of the chicken is burning before the inside is cooked, cover the pan for a few minutes to let the chicken steam in its own juices.
- While the chicken is cooking, toss the cabbage with a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside. Toss the spinach with a pinch of salt and pepper and portion onto plates. Top the spinach with the diced bell pepper, almonds, and miso-sesame dressing, and set aside.
- When the chicken is done, turn off the heat and remove chicken onto cutting board. Cut chicken into pieces that will fit onto the hamburger buns (you can feel free to stack pieces of chicken on top of one another in the sandwiches).
- (Optional) While you chop the chicken, toast the hamburger buns. You can do this by placing the buns facedown on the pan you used to cook the chicken (wipe it clean first) over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Smear the tops and bottoms of the hamburger buns lightly with mayonnaise (or heavily if you really like mayonnaise). Place the bottom half of the hamburger buns on the same plates as the salads. Layer a pineapple slice on each bun, then as many slices of chicken as you’d like, then the shredded cabbage, then the top bun. Serve and enjoy!