Pesto Chicken Pasta
Ingredients: chicken thigh, linguine, onion, spinach, basil, water, canola oil, Parmesan cheese, granulated garlic, salt.
This meal kit contains
- chicken thigh
You will also need
- any kind of cooking oil (for example, olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oil)
- salt and pepper
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to boil for the linguine. Once the water is boiling, add a pinch of salt and the linguine to the pot. Let the pasta boil until it is tender, about 11-12 minutes. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
Noodles too tall for your pot? You can stick one half in and wait until they soften and bend them so that they fit, or you can simply snap them in half before putting them in the water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a splash (a spoonful or two) of cooking oil in a pan over medium heat. Season the chicken thighs lightly with salt and pepper on both sides and add them to the pan once it’s hot. Cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
You can simply slice through the thickest part of the thigh to check whether it’s cooked; it should not be pink.
- Remove the chicken thigh from the pan once it’s cooked and set aside on a cutting board. Keep the pan on medium heat with the chicken fat and add the diced onions along with a spoonful or two of water. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 4-5 minutes, until the onions are clear and fragrant.
- While the onions cook, slice the chicken into quarter-inch strips. Add the chicken back to the pan along with the spinach. Cook for 1-2 minutes more, until the spinach begins to wilt (shrinks in size, loses its shape, and turns a vibrant green).
- Add drained linguine and pesto to the pan, and mix thoroughly to lightly coat all the ingredients with the pesto. Portion onto plates and enjoy!