Southwestern Turkey Stew
Ingredients: Ground turkey, diced tomato, spinach, onion, diced green chiles, chicken bouillon, tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, orzo, yogurt.
This meal kit contains
- ground turkey
- diced onion
- diced green chiles and tomatoes
- tomato paste
- spice packet
- dinner rolls
You will also need
- any kind of cooking oil (for example, olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oil)
- salt and pepper
- Heat a splash of oil (a spoonful or two) in a pot over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook until onion is clear and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced green chiles & tomatoes and the ground turkey to the pot, along with half the spices and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and break up the ground turkey to make sure it cooks evenly, and to mix all the ingredients together. Cook until the turkey is browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add the rest of the spices, tomato paste, orzo, and 2.5 cups of water. Stir to combine, turn the heat up to medium-high, and cover the pot.
- When the stew starts to boil, remove the cover and turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the spinach to the pot and simmer, uncovered, for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top each bowl with a small spoonful of yogurt. Serve with dinner rolls for dipping, and enjoy!
Tip: cut the dinner rolls in half and place a pat of butter in between the halves. Then microwave them on high for about 15 seconds, and you’ve got a warm, buttery roll to eat with your stew!