Spiced Israeli Couscous Soup
Ingredients: Onion, Israeli couscous, carrot, kale, garlic, vegetable bouillon, cumin, sugar,
tumeric, lemon, yogurt, dinner rolls.
This meal kit contains
- Israeli couscous
- diced onion, carrots, and garlic
- spice packet
- lemon - 1 for every 2 servings
- dinner rolls
You will also need
- any kind of cooking oil (for example, olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oil)
- salt and pepper
- Heat a generous splash (2 or 3 spoonfuls) of oil in a pot over medium heat. Add diced garlic, onions, and carrots. Cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have all softened and are slightly caramelized (browned).
- Add the Israeli couscous, spices, kale, and the juice of the lemon(s) to the pot.
Tip: juice the lemon(s) in a separate bowl before adding to the stew in order to prevent any lemon seeds from getting into your food!
- Add 4 cups of water. Raise the heat to high, cover the pot with a lid or aluminum foil, and bring to a boil.
- Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat to medium low and remove the cover. Cook for another 8-10 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
The longer you cook the soup, the better it will taste, so feel free to leave it for longer if you're not in a hurry. It'll taste even better after sitting in the refrigerator overnight!
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with a spoonful of yogurt. Serve with dinner rolls for dipping, and enjoy!