Teriyaki Chicken with Sesame Noodles
Ingredients: Chicken thigh, linguini, carrots, kale, soy sauce, white sugar, worcestershire sauce, rice vinegar, canola oil, onion powder, sesame oil, garlic powder, ground ginger.
This meal kit contains
- marinated chicken
You will also need
- any kind of cooking oil (for example, olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oil)
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the linguine.
- While the water comes to a boil, heat a pan over medium heat. Drain the marinade from the chicken as best as you can into the sink or trash. Once the pan is hot, add the marinated chicken to the pan and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is nicely caramelized (dark brown) on both sides and fully cooked on the inside. Take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside.
If your chicken thighs are large, they can sometimes burn on the outside but not fully cook on the inside. We suggest that you turn down the heat to medium-low and cover the pan after flipping the chicken thighs over to let them steam and cook more evenly.
- Once the water is boiling, add a pinch of salt to the water, and then add the linguine. If your pot isn’t tall enough to fit the noodles, break the noodles in half before adding them. Set a timer for 11 minutes.
- While the linguine is boiling, put the pan that you used for the chicken back on the stove over medium heat. Add a splash of oil (a spoonful or two) to the pan.
- Add the carrots to the pan, and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the kale and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes, until kale turns bright green and shrinks in size.
If you find some thick stems in your kale, feel free to rip those off - they won't become tender unless you cook them for a longer period of time.
- After the linguine cooks for 11 minutes, drain the cooked linguine and add it to the pan of vegetables. Add the sesame sauce and cook, stirring constantly, for another 2-3 minutes to incorporate the sauce with the noodles and vegetables.
- Portion the chicken and noodles onto plates and enjoy!