Thai Red Curry Ramen
Ingredients: coconut milk, vegetable broth, tofu, ramen noodles, zucchini, onion, spinach, garlic, red curry paste, lime, cilantro.
This meal kit contains
- cubed tofu
- diced onions, garlic & zucchini
- ramen noodles
- vegetable broth
- red curry paste
- coconut milk
You will also need
- any kind of cooking oil (for example, olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oil)
- salt and pepper
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to boil for the ramen. Once the water is boiling, add a pinch of salt and the ramen noodles to the pot. Let the noodles boil until it is tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain the noodles and set them aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat a generous splash (two or three spoonfuls) of cooking oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the red curry paste, and cook for 1-2 minutes, until it becomes fragrant and less thick.
Worried about the curry being too spicy? Add half of the red curry paste, and add more later if it turns out too mild.
- Add all of the vegetables into the pan with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir to coat with the curry paste. Cook the vegetables for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the zucchini starts to soften.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, and cubed tofu, along with another pinch of salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cover the pot, turn the heat up to medium-high, and bring the curry to a boil.
Make sure to shake the can of coconut milk before opening and adding to the pan - coconut milk tends to separate in the can.
- Once the broth is boiling, remove the cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the spinach and let the broth simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- Portion noodles into bowls. Ladle the broth and vegetables on top, squeeze a bit of lime juice into each bowl, top with cilantro and enjoy!